Monday, January 23, 2006

Something different

I've created so many baby blankets over the years I sometimes find it difficult to come up with new patterns to use. Ok, so I'm not one for creating my own patterns yet, my brain cannot focus that long. Anyway, I found this baby blanket pattern online Beth's Little Star Afghan and added to it so it would be larger since the pattern was for a preemie baby. I did 10 rows of red, 9 white and 8 blue. To finish it off I did a slip stitch around the entire thing. I'm very happy with how it turned out and feel the picture doesn't do it justice. It'll be for my cousin who is due in July. :)

I also created a bonnet for her. I used the first 3 rows of the afghan pattern for the star and then created my own pattern after that. I need to redo the ties since they are too short but otherwise I'm very happy with how it turned out.

No comments: