Saturday, September 23, 2006

Some past projects




I was looking for pictures of a rug I made for my Mom and came across some others and thought I'd share them. :)

Here is the rug, it was made using 3 strands of colors, you would have to drop some and pick up others for the inner portion of the rug. I think I had 12 strings attached! It was hard on the hands but the final result was very nice.








This is the spider web doily I did in Maroon for my girlfriend in Canada












Finally this is the first doily I did, it was from an older magazine and was an interesting project. I was 1/2 way done the first time and found out I had a HUGE mistake and had to start all over. I was worried I'd never get it done but it made it home to MI for Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never tried to make a doily myself, but they're a kind of heritage for me. When I was a little girl my yiayia, my maternal grandmother, made several doilies and other things for me for when I grew up and had my own home. I only saw her a handful of times before she died because we lived in different countries but it was always very important to her that she could, even in a small way, help me make a home. That last doily looks like something she might have made. It's very beautiful.