Sunday, May 14, 2006

Bears are DONE!

Yippee! I've finished the twin bear blankets for my cousin. I found out when I was home in April that she is having a boy and a girl, so these will be perfect (I hope!). Here are the pictures, I'm so happy to be finished with them, I couldn't move on to other projects until I knew they were completed!


The color of the blanket is a true red but it looks a little orange in the picture. The head, muzzle and paws are stuffed with stuffing, so there was a lot of sewing (more thank I like) involved in this project. I was really worried I'd run out of dark brown but I made it down to the last thread! I'm not sure if I'll do another one of these bears, maybe a bunny or a cat for somebody some day.

My next project to start on is a Texas flag for our museum to raffle off as a fund raiser. I hope to have enough things done to maybe put them on display for one of our first Friday art walks! That would be fun. :)

No comments: